Direct Cremation Funeral Option £1,518
We have supported many people with funeral arrangements, and just as we all vary so much in life, of course we continue to vary with our choices in death. At Arka Original Funerals we focus primarily on choice and empowering people – this is central to everything we do – and is why we are offering this Direct Cremation to our customers. The Direct Cremation option means that the cremation will happen in a simple and private way, at Woodvale Crematorium, early in the day and with no time available in the crematorium chapel for a service or gathering. This Direct cremation does not offer the opportunity to view the deceased.
Your reasons to choose this option could be that:
– The person who has died stated that they did not want a formal ceremony
– Friends and family may want to hold a memorial on a later date
– You may just want to remember the person in your own way and not need a formal gathering for this.
– It could be that this is just how you want it! (and choosing this option doesn’t mean that you love them less)
The fee of £1,518 includes the following services:
– Collection and care of the deceased during office hours only from a hospital, hospice or mortuary within a 10 mile radius of central Brighton. Please note this option does not include collection from nursing homes or private addresses
– Supporting family and friends with the process of arranging the cremation
– Initial consultation and follow up calls, meetings as necessary
– Liaising with Doctors or Coroner as applicable
– Gently dressing the deceased in clothes if provided or gently wrapping in a shroud
– Ensuring the correct paperwork is completed and that it reaches the correct authority
– Provision of a cardboard coffin
– Transportation of the coffin to Woodvale crematorium on the funeral day
– Cost of the cremation
– Doctors’ papers for cremation*
* The cost of this option represents a reduction of £82 as only one doctor is currently required to complete the medical paperwork. Fee will be reduced by £82 if no doctors’ fees are necessary (i.e. if the deceased’s case is being reviewed by the coroner’s office).
Please note this package is offered as our most simple service to families and does not include a choice of date for the cremation, as the booking would be made for the next available date. This package also does not include collection from a private home or nursing home, nor the opportunity for viewings of the deceased, or support with charitable donations. Ashes will be for the family to collect or the crematorium to scatter.
Do see our other packages if this doesn’t feel appropriate, for example our ‘Down To Earth’ option at £1,917 or our “Simple Farewell” option at £2,330.
Full payment would be required 3 days before the cremation takes place.