Arka are excited to be hosting a ‘Last Wishes’ funeral planning workshop on Saturday 17th February. Run by the wonderful and lovely Jean Francis of ‘Circle of Life Celebrations’, who is an interfaith minister, celebrant and funeral arranger. In this workshop, Jean will guide you through the many options available and answers any questions that may arise while planning your final farewell.
Some of the topics covered in the workshop will be:
– You will have the opportunity to discuss your choices; creating a theme, being especially conscious of cost, practicalities and environmental issues.
– You can decide on a venue for the service/ceremony; choose music, poetry, readings and what to take with you. These are the memories that will linger on in the hearts of those left behind.
– You can finalise the contents of the ceremony/service; do you wish to have a gathering afterwards? How would you like to be remembered?
– You will receive a copy of Jean’s book ‘Ashes and Memorials, 60+ Ways to be Remembered’
– You will leave with a personalised folder containing your last wishes including lists and useful information for the convenience of your next of kin, for when the time comes.
If you would like to book a place on this workshop or if you would like to see more information about Jean and her funeral planning work please visit her website.
Time – 10.30 – 4.30 pm – £35.00 per person, full details given on application,
booking essential: 01403 273754
“Having planned my funeral I feel a burden has been lifted, freeing me to live my final years to the full” – Mary in her 50s