We recognize that cost is a significant factor for most people these days and so we have put together our ‘Simple Farewell’ funeral option to help people wanting cremation to keep costs down but still have a meaningful, personal funeral.
At Arka we support people to take control of funeral arrangements and that is why people choose us – our funerals are individually tailored and very much about the person who has died.
The Simple Farewell option means that:
- The funeral will take place either at Woodvale Crematorium, starting at 9, 9.30 or 10am Or at the Downs Crematorium, starting at 9am.
- It will be led by either Cara or Sarah, our funeral directors (*see below for clarification of their role) or independently by family or friends of the deceased.
- The coffin will already be in place in the chapel at the crematorium when mourners arrive.
The fee of £2,300.00 includes the following services:
- Collection of the deceased during office hours and within a 10 mile radius of central Brighton, and care of the deceased until the funeral date.
- Initial consultation, follow up calls and meetings as necessary.
- Liaising with Doctors or Coroner as applicable.
- Doctors’ papers for cremation**
- Gently washing, anointing with essential oils and dressing the deceased in clothes if provided or alternatively gently wrapping in a soft cotton shroud.
- Viewing of the deceased in our Chapel of Rest during normal working hours.
- Ensuring the cremation paperwork is completed and that it reaches the correct authority. Arranging and booking the cremation as agreed with family and friends.
- Supporting family and friends to agree the words and content of the funeral.
- Provision of music for the ceremony, chosen by family and friends.
- Provision of either a cardboard coffin or a traditional wood effect coffin suitable for cremation.
- Transportation of the deceased by ARKA vehicle to the chosen crematorium on day of cremation.
- Cost of the cremation.
- Collection and storage of ashes for up to one year.
* An Arka representative, will, if needed, welcome people and introduce speakers, read words of a eulogy written by the family, any other prepared readings as requested, and say the words of a committal.
** The fee will be reduced by £164 if no doctors’ fees are necessary (i.e. if the deceased’s case is being reviewed by the coroner’s office).
Full payment would be required 3 days before the cremation takes place.
This funeral option does not compromise in any way our commitment to the quality and personal approach that we bring to all our work, this is our guarantee to you.